La Iglesia Episcopal de Cuba
Resolved, That in accordance with Article V of the Constitution, the Executive Council approves the duly adopted Constitution of the Diocese of Cuba; and, in accordance with General Convention Resolution A238 (2018), accepts and approves the certification to it by the Secretary of the General Convention that he has received from the La Iglesia Episcopal de Cuba the following:
(1) A certified copy of the Constitution of the Diocese that contains an unqualified accession to the Constitution and Canons of The Episcopal Church and otherwise conforms in essential part to such Constitution and Canons;
(2) A certified copy of the Canons of the Diocese that conform in essential part to the Constitution and Canons of The Episcopal Church;
(3) An annual diocesan parochial report as required by Canon I.6 for the last full year prior to compliance with this resolution;
(4) A commitment by the Diocese to a contribution to the budget of The Episcopal Church for the year in which the Diocese is to come into union with the General Convention;
(5) An accounting of any funds received by the Diocese from the General Convention budget in the last full year prior to compliance with this resolution; and
(6) Evidence that all clergy in the Diocese have complied with the requirements of Canon III.10, except in the case of the requirement that all clergy subscribe to the declaration required in Article VIII and in Canon III.10, and that this particular requirement is expected to be satisfied no later than the conclusion of the next Synod of the Diocese, currently scheduled for March 2020, which certification the Executive Council finds to be satisfactory.
In Resolution A238, General Convention voted to admit La Iglesia Episcopal de Cuba of The Episcopal Church once certain requirements had been met. The Secretary of General Convention has been working closely with the Diocese of Cuba and certifies that all requirements have been met.