Shareholder Engagement Work for 2019
Resolved, That the Executive Council, meeting in Montgomery, Alabama, approves the 2020 shareholder engagement work outlined by the Committee on Corporate Social Responsibility (CCSR) in the attached shareholder advocacy plan (Appendix 1); and be it further
Resolved, That CCSR and the Treasurer are authorized to take actions necessary to implement the shareholder advocacy plan for 2020; and be it further
Resolved, That the Treasurer is directed to file shareholder resolutions with companies listed below, substantially in the form attached (Attachment 2) but always subject to appropriate review by the Chief Legal Officer that the language conforms with regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Request Kraft Heinz and United Airlines to report on their efforts to curtail labor trafficking in its supply chain and sex trafficking;
- Refile as lead filer resolutions on human rights with Motorola and Caterpillar
- File shareholder resolutions with one or more of Booz Allen and Heidelberg Cement requesting a report on the company’s impact in areas of conflict where violations of international law and human rights have been identified
- File shareholder resolutions with American Outdoor Brands, Olin and Sturm Ruger requesting adoption or compliance with the “Sandy Hook Principles” in their business planning and operations and report on their efforts to minimize criminal uses of their products
- File shareholder resolutions with First Cash and World Fuel Services requesting action regarding board diversity with respect to women and people of color.